Friday, April 17, 2009

Regines Restaurant / Lounge

Here is the officially published ad for one of Adelaide's early sophisticated Discos and the interior.Adelaide was never the same since the introduction of Regines Restaurant & Discotheque. Resident DJ Peter Murray believed in the non-talking DJ, which was a first for Adelaide and followed the American and European trend. Open for dinner six nights a week from Monday to Saturday it catered for diners from 7.00pm. Head waiter was Andre. Host of Regines was Manfred Schier.

3 comments:

  1. I came over from Sydney to work at Regines in 1978 - best club in Australia at the time. I even got married there! The original crowd was fantastic but as time went on, Manfred started to allow the rock and roll crowd and when I was asked to change my music in 1980, I left. Have some great photos from my 2 years there. I got into publishing and am still doing that 35 years later. Peter Murray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please publish some of those photos here Peter.

      Chris

      Delete
  2. Hey Peter, my mum was Hella, Manfreds partner, I'd love to get in touch and have a look at your photos .I've been trying to get some for years. Please contact me tanroma68@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete